Payroll Project Data Analyst
Job ID: 563321
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Sydney, North Ryde
Categories: Finance & Administration, Information Technology
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
The Project Payroll Business Analyst is responsible for supporting data extraction and analysing the requirements for any requested changes in interpretation of EBAs against existing configuration and preparing configuration templates. Experience with EBA interpretation and Oracle Payroll data extraction and manipulation are critical.
The Project Payroll Business Analyst will work closely with the Project Payroll system analyst to support the data, reporting and technical system expertise for the required calculations and reconciliations.
The role also requires the ability to apply problem solving skills, participate in weekly project meetings and extensive analytical skills to resolve project and payroll issues raised as part of the project.
This fixed term contract role is a newly created role to assist with ongoing business project tasks of reporting, data extraction and system changes making sure successfully delivery of required deliverables such as back pay calculations, retrospective leave accrual calculations, etc by the end of the project deadlines for each task.
You will have:
- Experience using Oracle V12, Oracle Express HR and Kronos (Essential) for Sydney Role
- Degree in accounting or IT
- Deep analytical capability and data manipulation skills
- Experience in Payroll processing and understanding payroll principles for testing of EBAs configurations
- Experience with implementation of payroll systems
- Excellent customer service, where previous experience working in a
- Shared Services environment will be highly regarded
- Advanced MS Excel (Essential)
- Advanced MS Access
- Demonstrable understanding of HR/Payroll services for a large operational business of 2,000+ employees
- Sound knowledge of HR/Personnel, Payroll and Leave practices, procedures, operations and legislation
Other key accountabilities:
- Extract data from payroll system to support calculations and reconciliations
- Provide analysis and technical expertise for what the system is calculating the interpretation to be against the IR requirement
- Interpretation of changes to Enterprise Agreements into Express HR/SAP template
- UAT testing of changes to EBAs
- Responsibility for documenting detailed specifications and checking requests for new code configuration for Allowances, Deductions, Super and Pay rates within Express HR
- Conducts analysis, problem solving and testing as required for effective payroll delivery
- Provides support to the project payroll team on software functionality including problem analysis, problem solving and testing
- Documentation of business payroll and HR requirements
- Facilitates and manages own workload with minimal supervision
Benefits and Culture:
- Flexible working arrangements to suit your lifestyle
- Real teamwork and supportive working environment
- Management team with a strong people leadership focus
- Training and development are a part of our culture
- Diversity in our people makes us a stronger team
- A professional and safe working environment
- Onsite café discounts
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time