FTTC - Senior Zero Harm Advisor
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer’s Telecommunications business is contracted to its client to design and construct Australia’s High Speed National Broadband Network (NBN) using various technologies including FTTX. Our current contracts will see us execute varied works including Single Dwelling Units (SDU) drops, Multi Dwelling Units (MDU) builds and network extensions and augmentation. All works are to the customer's Premises Connection Device (PCD) or Intermediate Connection Device (ICD) which allows end users to connect to the NBN. Works may also include Inside Plant ISP exchange work and Inter Exchange Networks IEN.
The purpose of this role is to lead, encourage and develop the regional Zero Harm team with a focus on achieving operational requirements within Downer’s Transport and Utilities business. Developing and coaching key personnel and implementing collaborative programs that strengthens safety and environmental knowledge of the operational team to fulfil project and organisational needs. Sharing knowledge of and imbedding statutory Work Health and Safety requirements through the established Downer Zero Harm framework. Development of strong working relationships with various stakeholders including the Leadership team, clients, subcontractors and interest groups.
Education & Qualifications:
Tertiary degree in Human Sciences, Environmental Studies and/or Workplace Health and Safety
- Demonstrable and successful change management experience within the construction and or civil industry
- Relevant Zero Harm management experience / capability in a similar business environment.
- Proven track record and reputation for professional leadership.
- Strong systems knowledge ensuring safety standards are implemented and achieved meeting federal requirements and accreditations.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build relationships with key stakeholders
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
As an employer who embraces equal opportunity and promotes diversity and inclusion, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information please contact: Gordon McGinn – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner
E: email@example.com (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
Back to search results