Zero Harm Advisor
Job ID: 563525
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Benalla, Seymour
Categories: Health Safety & Environment
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
We have a new opportunity for a hands-on Zero Harm Advisor to join our team based in Benalla. This position will see you guide and coach operational teams on all aspects of Zero Harm in combination with developing and reviewing Zero Harm management plans and risk registers to ensure consistency with business needs. Proven experience with conducting ICAM investigations, site audits, rolling out corrective actions and effectively managing subcontractors will be essential. Strong experience conducting risk assessments, implementing risk control strategies and generating safety reports for key stakeholders will be critical.
An understanding of electricity infrastructure, civil or utilities industries would be highly regarded (but not essential). Your ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders and maintain strong relationships with a consultative approach will ensure your success. Our ideal candidate will have previous experience with high voltage substation and lines construction.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the same or similar safety role within a high-risk construction environment
- Diploma or higher qualification in Occupational Health & Safety in combination with Certificate IV Training and Assessing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a consultative approach
- Investigation of incidents, injuries or breaches of OH&S and environment procedures (ICAM experience preferred)
- Strong computer and data analysis skills that extend to report collation and presentation
- Demonstrated ability to develop Zero Harm management and improvement plans to drive and promote proactive safety awareness programs over a sustained period with subcontractor and employee workforce
- Ability to work autonomously and “work with others” to enable coaching and developing rather than a “directing nature”
WHAT WE OFFER
- A career with a top 100 ASX company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment
For more information please contact: Elysha Evans – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner, Infrastructure Services.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job number 563525.
(Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time