Downer New Zealand has entered into a long term Asset Management and Facilities Management Contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice. We are currently seeking a Facilities Technician to join our team in delivering property maintenance services at the Christchurch Justice and Emergency Services Precinct (CJESP).
CJESP, a leading-edge precinct, was a significant investment in the Christchurch rebuild and houses all the Justice Sector agencies and the city's civil defence and emergency management functions in one location. More than 2,000 people, work in or use the 42,000m2 Precinct daily.
About the Role
This new role provides an opportunity for a motivated, ambitious and dedicated individual to work in an excellent team-based environment.
Our onsite facilities team provides multi-disciplined building maintenance services across the Precinct - HVAC, (Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, Painting, Grounds work, etc. You will be an experienced trades person who is able to work autonomously and as part of a team. You will have a strong customer focus and be able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
What's on Offer?
- Permanent, full time opportunity;
- Friendly and professional team;
- Long term contract – long term work;
- A commitment to health and safety.
Competencies & Experience:
- A qualified builder or experienced handy person with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- High degree of self-motivation, with the ability to work unsupervised;
- A team player;
- A passion for maintaining a safe working environment;
- A genuine belief in excellent customer service with a "can do" attitude;
- Ability to manage & prioritise a varied and busy workload;
- Computer literacy, plus an ability and preparedness to use a tablet for jobs receipt and completion
- Ideally, NZ Trades qualified Willingness to be on-call after hours and to work rostered hours Mon – Fri between 7.00am & 7.00pm;
- Current driver’s licence;
- Able to obtain Department of Corrections, Ministry of Justice and Police clearances.
Downer has a companywide focus on training and development which gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career –
If you think you are up for the challenge and have a "can do" attitude interested parties Don't delay! APPLY NOW, by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 563811 into the keyword search.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical and Ministry of Justice checks.
Back to search results