HR Business Partner
Job ID: 563867
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Perth, Redcliffe
Categories: Human Resources
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
An exciting HR Business Partner opportunity has arisen within Downer Group. Based in Perth, this generalist role will see you partnering with our successful Business Unit on all HR areas including project ramp-up, employee relations, workforce planning and matters contributing to our ongoing growth and development. Reporting to the People and Culture Manager West, you will work closely with operational leaders to support the delivery of People and Culture with a strong focus on providing a high level of customer service and pragmatic commercially relevant solutions.
You will be a qualified tenacious HR professional who thrives under pressure, handling competing priorities. We are looking specifically for someone with proven experience in a similar role:
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Championing initiatives that are linked to the People and Performance Strategy and business objectives, ensuring a focus on continuous improvement;
- Coordinate HR new business deliverables for major programs of work including a range of project start-up activities related to ER/IR, Resourcing, and Learning & Development;
- Supporting the leadership team in regards to employee relations matters and advice regarding HR best practice to ensure that any risk to the business is minimised;
- Conducting investigations, guiding performance management processes and assist with the interpretation and providing advice of industrial instruments;
- Facilitating movement of employees to project to maximise project success and retain talent;
- Coordinating all people related tender deliverables under tight timeframes, ensuring a high quality submission; and
- Providing advice and work in accordance with Downer’s values, demonstrating commitment and leadership regarding zero harm, client, people, financial accountabilities, learning and development and diversity and inclusion;
- Provide support to projects through mobilisation and demobilisation as required
- Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent strongly desired;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a human resource or related position required at a HRBP level;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build meaningful relations with managers;
- Proven ability to influence to achieve necessary outcomes;
- Experience supporting teams across a broad geographical area including flexibility to attend project sites regularly
If you have questions about this position, please email Tracy.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications through email will not be accepted. Please submit your application online through the position advertisement.
If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time