Training and Inductions Advisor - Link Alliance
The City Rail Link Project is the largest transport infrastructure project undertaken in New Zealand and has already attracted global attention for its exceptional environmental and sustainability outcomes. The scope of the 5-year rail project’s largest and most complex works package (Contract 3), comprises the design, construction and 15+ year maintenance solution for the City Rail’s tunnels, stations and systems. This includes two new stations (at Aotea and Karangahape Road), a new connection and redeveloped station at Mt Eden, and the underground tunnels connecting these stations.
The consortium of large local and international constructors and designers delivering C3 is the Link Alliance, and our team includes Vinci Construction Grands Project S.A.S, Downer NZ, Soletanche Bachy International NZ, WSP Opus (NZ), AECOM New Zealand and Tonkin + Taylor.
By building on the project’s major successes to date, our team is planning to lead and influence the success of ensuring inductions and other training needs are met.
We are committed to taking advantage of what is a 'once-in-a-lifetime opportunity' to influence and change local and international thinking and construction practice around Health, Safety & Environment by ensuring all personnel’s training and induction records are captured
As such, we're looking for a Training and Inductions Advisor who is both passionate, technically skilled, and has a talent for collaborative working. The purpose of this position is to coordinate and facilitate the induction and other training needs for the Link Alliance.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate and communicate visible safe work behaviors across the Alliance to develop and maintain high levels of risk awareness.
- Work effectively with the HSE and Social Outcomes Teams to develop and deliver induction training to ensure efficient and safety entry of workers onto the project
- Develop and deliver training programs and courses in a timely, engaging and effective way to support learning objectives and outcomes for the project
- Manage and facilitate the ConstructSafe requirements for the project
- Organise assessment instruments and conduct observations / verification of competencies as required
- Seek input from subject matter experts where appropriate to provide specific technical support.
- Ensure that participants understand and meet their regulatory and legal obligations as they relate to competency-based training
- Certificate in Training and Assessment is desirable.
- Bachelor degree or Trade Qualification in Vocational Education & Training, H&S, or other related areas is a desired.
- Current industry skills directly relevant to the Health & safety training/assessment being undertaken
- Develop, implement and evaluate solutions to training and assessment issues.
- Experience in providing language, literacy and numeracy support
- Demonstrated application of adult learning principles
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as well as working with varied levels of cultural competency
- Prior experience in a Health and Safety role
- Experience with Risk Assessment principles and application
Apply today using job reference number 563901 and join the team that is delivering the largest transport infrastructure project ever undertaken in New Zealand!
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and medical.
*Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies for the Link Alliance. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Back to search results