Job ID: 563944
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
The ConocoPhillips Darwin LNG Plant has been in operation supplying Liquefied Natural Gas to the Japanese market since 2006. Downer, as the maintenance contractor, provides support and resources to ConocoPhillips to ensure the successful completion of planned core, project and shutdown maintenance activities.
The successful candidate will join our existing Store Person in delivering superior customer service to the maintenance team on site. You will have gained your experience working within a multi-discipline team in a maintenance environment for at least three years.
Key responsibilities include:
- Receives, examines, requisitions and records, tools and equipment.
- To develop and maintain a professional relationship with third party carriers, courier companies, and third-party suppliers
- Stock taking of current stock inventory
- Directs and participates in the issuing of materials, tools and equipment via the tool store
- Initiates requisitions to replenish stock on the basis of material on hand and stock on consignment
- Performs related and unrelated work activities as directed by Supervision as required
- Operation of “Toolhound” or similar plant and equipment database
- Provide regular reporting
- Solid knowledge of storekeeping practices and procedures with a broad knowledge of tooling and their appropriate uses
- Knowledge of purchasing and requisitioning procedures in a computer-based environment
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with our Client and the Downer team
- Forklift ticket is mandatory
- Minimum MR licence highly regarded, but not essential
- Trade qualifications highly regarded, but not essential
- Ability to work shifts if/when required
- Safety focused
- The opportunity to join a team that is committed to Zero Harm
- A residential, Monday to Friday, 48 hour week roster
- Full time, fixed term contract to April 2020 with the potential to extend
The successful candidate will need to be living in, or willing to relocate to Darwin at own expense.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Central Standard Time