Supply Chain Manager
Job ID: 563963
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Procurement/Supply Chain
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rolling Stock Services currently has a need for a ‘Supply Chain Manager’, located in East Preston, VIC. The East Preston site is committed to providing the highest quality of Rolling Stock & Overhaul services for our Yarra Trams Rolling Stock Additional Works Project. The project is a tram refurbishment program that will revitalise more than 85% of the Yarra Trams fleet over the next five years.
Reporting to the General Manager – Procurement & Supply Chain, this role will be responsible for ensuring suppliers meet overarching objectives to support the delivery requirements of the project.The position of Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the procurement, supply and logistics with the task of sourcing the right parts, at the right cost and ensuring deliver to the right location at the right time.The Supply Chain Manager will; procure the required parts from current and newly engaged suppliers, establish supply plans from supplier to site, develop and coordinate logistics process from part receivable to lineside.
This role will be a key leader in the development of a ‘greenfield’ site with the expectation of developing a ‘benchmark’ level of performance through the application of lean principles. This role with go through the phases from project mobilisation to running the ‘business as usual’ operation.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications within a supply chain & procurement, and/or logistics related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in supply chain, procurement and logistics practices within a manufacturing, engineering and/or logistics environment
- Experience in a similar role with a solid background in best practice supply chain and procurement functions
- Experience Managing a ‘logistics’ function, with the tasks of moving parts from dock to lineside as well as planning, administration and daily management of logistics team
- Experience in a complex project environment as advantage
- High level negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent analytical and reporting ability
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Sound understanding of QA system procedures and requirement
- Development of business processes within a greenfield/ contract management environment
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – be able to engage and communicate various stakeholders across all levels
- Supply Chain (Procurement, Supply & Logistics) & Lean Practices
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- The ability to work on key rolling stock projects with an industry leader
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
- Permanent full-time position with excellent career progression opportunities
- Competitive remuneration package
This a permanent opportunity and an exciting time to join Downer Rail. An attractive salary package on offer for the successful candidate.
If you are interested please click “Apply now” or for further information contact Rachel Jones on Rachel.email@example.com
Please apply directly online – do not send your application via email
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time