Job ID: 564032
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Eliwana, Perth, Pilbara region
Categories: Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer MEI Mining has been successfully delivering contract mining and civil earthmoving services to an impressive list of global clients for over 90 years. It is now one of Australia’s leading diversified mining contractors, with around 3,500 employees working across more than 50 sites in Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, South America and Southern Africa.
We have a fantastic opportunity with the Downer Mining West team for a motivated and experienced Civil Engineer to work in the Pilbara region of WA on an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth.
The key responsibility for the Civil Engineer is to assist in the provision engineering and technical support to the project team.
In order to be considered for this position you must have;
- A bachelor degree in Civil Engineering;
- 5 years experience in a mining construction environment;
- Strong Technical knowledge and skills in Civil Engineering;
- Must be able to work in a team environment, proactive, with a strong work ethic and safe operational behaviours;
- Strong organisational, communication and planning skills; and
- Must have prior experience working in the construction industry.
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive remuneration package;
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do; and
- Experience working for a major ASX listed company and the chance to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
HOW TO APPLY
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
For further information please contact Belinda Rowan on (08) 6217 5885
You must be able to demonstrate you have the Right to Work in Australia.
All applications are held in strict confidence. Downer reserves the right to close this position at any time.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time