HSE Graduate - Otraco
Job ID: 564060
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining is Australia's most diversified mining contractor. Our broad service offering together with our commitment to ZERO HARM to our people and the environment, position Downer Mining as the mining contractor and employer of choice.
Give your career the best possible start by joining the Downer EDI Mining Graduate Development Program. We are currently looking for a passionate HSE Graduate to start their career with our Tyre Management business Otraco.
Otraco International is the world's leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major open pit miners while maximising production and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, we have continued to set new benchmarks in tyre performance – delivering dramatic savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
As a graduate, you'll be assigned a number of key responsibilities to manage within our company which will have direct impact on our business. You can expect to be provided with business improvement projects that will both challenge and further develop those skills you learnt in university.
- Recent Graduate or soon to be Graduating with a Bachelors degree in Health Safety and Environment:
- Good knowledge of mining operations, ideally gained through vacation work placements on site
- Strong communication skills with a flexible attitude
- Located in or around the Mt Thorley region
- Highly self motivated and a demonstrated ability to lead, influence and achieve
In return we offer
- A dedicated Mentor who will give you regular career development feedback and advice to ensure you are heading in the right direction
- A Career Champion usually who will assist and guide your development from a strategic level
- Industry leadin remuneration packages, along with all the benefits that come with working with the Downer team
- Study assistance for additional courses that are relevant to your graduate role or as part of your career development plan
- Advancement opportunities within the business as suitable positions arise as we grow
Please click the 'Apply' button below.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time