Office Manager - Downer Rollingstock Services
Job ID: 564621
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Finance & Administration, Management, Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for an Office Manager to join our team based in Auburn. The position of Office Manager/Operations Support Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of a wide range of general administration activities associated with the Rollingstock Services business based at our Auburn Maintenance Centre. The Office Manager is responsible for payroll time capture/processing for EA-covered employees, site access administration, Return to Work administration, Training records administration, Stationary/General Services administration and Personal Assistant activities for the Manager Passenger Maintenance NSW and the General Manager NSW.
This position will ensure the delivery of quality service levels are maintained for internal and external customers and opportunities for continuous improvement are identified and actively pursued.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in providing strong, efficient administrative support within a large office/business unit
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of high quality work and service standards
- Strong administration experience – preferably within a manufacturing or trades-based industry
- Supervisory experience of clerical/administrative staff preferred (2 direct reports)
- Must be self-directed– taking the initiative to implement required activities without specific instruction or direction
- Demonstrated collaborative approach with good oral and strong written communication skills and a capacity to engage with employees and customers across all levels
- Advanced experience in use of computer and basic office software packages. E.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Strong disciplined organisational skills with the ability to ‘juggle’ multiple activities concurrently
- Knowledge of payroll/time keeping systems preferred.
- Knowledge of NSW Return to Work processes preferred
In return we offer the opportunity to join an energetic, highly skilled team. The ability to work with an industry leader and a workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do. This is a permanent role based in our Auburn Maintenance Centre.
If you are looking for your next challenging and rewarding role, please apply online or for more information contact Rachel Jones on Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close Monday 16 December – please do not send your application directly via email please apply online. (Note: due to the Christmas shutdown period, successful shortlisted candidates may only be contacted in January 2020)
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time