Job ID: 564734
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer ME&I have an opportunity available for an experienced Mining Engineer to join our team working in the Goldfields region undertaking an 8/6 roster from Perth.
In this role you will be required to plan, manage and coordinate mine planning services to the Project in accordance with contractual obligations. To provide strategic guidance on the review, study and implementation of mine planning activities and systems.
To be successful you will have:
- Engineering Degree Qualification (Mining);
- A minimum of 6 years relevant industry experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated positive safety leadership skills and safety behaviour;
- Extensive knowledge of mine planning/scheduling and design packages;
- Prior experience in fleet management systems including high precision and low precision components;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and contributing to capturing, analysing and providing guidance on site operational data;
- Highly proficient with integrating operational and technical objectives in a contracting (mining) environment;
- Strong organisational, communication and planning skills; and
- Prior experience working for a medium to large mine operator would be advantageous.
All suitable applicants will provide:
- Updated resume clearly outlining positions, duties performed, duration and employer, including at least two (2) referees;
- Evidence of your right to work permanently in Australia;
- Provide all necessary documentation/qualifications relevant to position sought.
WHAT WE OFFER
This position offers an attractive remuneration package along with the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment for a highly successful engineering organisation.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
For further information please contact Pauline Rumley on (08) 6212 9519.
All applications are held in strict confidence. Downer reserves the right to close this position at any time.
Downer are an equal opportunity employer who promote and encourage diversity and inclusion. We also welcome applications from Indigenous Australians and Women.
You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time