This Central North region position based in Taupo reports to the Network Outcomes Contract (NOC) Manager and will support the Westlink and Central NOC teams (covering Taupo to Tauranga) to undertake contractual, commercial and risk management activities within our Transport Services business.
You’ll apply your skills to provide early warning of unexpected contractual, risk or financial outcomes and implement measures to mitigate risks to the business. You will also participate in client and other stakeholder interfaces with Managers, supporting the resolution of contractual issues whilst ensuring stakeholder relationship are enhanced and effective.
Your financial expertise in providing forecasting (updated monthly), cash flow, claim preparation, reconciliation and predictability of contract outcomes will be essential. You will also develop commercial awareness of Contact Managers and Engineers through shared involvement and guidance / coaching to the operations teams in regards to contractual requirements and the understanding of scope of work.
We want to hear from you if you have the following (or can tick at least most of them):
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in leadership role with a strong commercial focus or a commercial role preferably with contractors in predominantly civil infrastructure projects.
- Proven experience of project financial / contractual management and strong commercial acumen in either a project or business unit support environment.
- Experience in providing management support and team mentorship in the construction or infrastructure sectors with contract experience in projects or maintenance contracts valued from NZ$1M plus
- Desirable to hold a formal a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience, e.g. BSc, RICS, NZCQS or equivalent.
- A top performer – able to work under pressure in a fully integrated team environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Most importantly you need to hold a full NZ driver’s licence and have flexibility to be mobile across the Taupo, Bay of Plenty and Central North Island region.
In return we offer:
Downer is growing and we offer a stable working environment within a large international organisation with plenty of opportunity for career growth and development. This position offers an opportunity to make a name for yourself within the civil / roading industry. There is an opportunity to grow your career and plenty of variety, it also comes with a competitive remuneration package including a company vehicle and the chance to surround yourself with industry leaders.
Opportunities like this don’t come around too often so if you want to be considered for the role, please put an application forward online by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 564934 in the keyword search.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Back to search results