Expression of Interest for Commercial Lead - Defence
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from experienced Commercial Leads looking for opportunities within the Commonwealth Government Defence sector based in Canberra. Candidates must be Australian citizens and applicants residing outside of Australia will not be considered.
The Commercial Lead is accountable under limited direction to perform and achieve complex commercial support and management work within an integrated workforce. They require knowledge of and compliance with legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policy requirements. The Commercial Lead will establish and maintain stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to ensure project deliverables are met.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience managing procurement, contracting options and tender development for large complex projects within Defence.
- Experience managing Commercial relationships and negotiations with clients and sub-contractors.
- Experience identifying Commercial risks and opportunities and issues management.
- Experience working in a high performing project team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Back to search results