Focusing on the delivery of Road Maintenance Construction, your role will involve assisting the Contract Manager with managing The South West Urban Contract and various other maintenance and construction projects.
You will work across a range contracts, departments and geographic areas. You will help in the delivery of contract requirements, optimization of resource use and achieving target results to the client’s satisfaction, on time and within budget. As Project Engineer you will contribute with developing a strong and motivated team.
Stakeholder relationships will also be a big focus to ensure they are enhanced, built and developed within your area and surrounding local authorities.
This is a challenging network with an expanding programme so you will need to bring your A game. This role will be busy and varied, will offer daily challenges but will give you the opportunity to show case your excellent organisational skills.
You will have:
- Essential to have experience in managing work crews and construction activities
- Also essential to have experience in roading construction or maintenance work
- Excellent use of MS Excel, Word and Outlook, and project
- High level RAMM Contractor competency.
- Current Drivers’ Licence
- Ability to work across geographical boundaries
- Tertiary qualification in engineering (desirable but not essential)
What’s on offer
You’ll be part of a leading organisation, with excellent career path and development opportunities as well as:
- A friendly and professional team
- Supportive and collaborative environment working alongside industry experts
- A large variety of work across a challenging network (learning like this doesn’t come around very often)
- Access to companywide benefits
- Competitive remuneration including a company vehicle
- All of the equipment and tools you will need to do your job well
- Great location and free parking
Don't delay, to be in the running for this opportunity we need to hear from you today! To apply, head to www.downercareers.co.nz using reference number 565263.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Back to search results