This is an exciting opportunity to take your career to the next level. As 2IC to our Regional Manager, you’ll have oversight of all maintenance, resources and services operations across the Wellington region.
Using your strong leadership and mentoring skills, you’ll provide our local managers with guidance and support.
About the role
A key focus for you will be around developing and implementing strategies to ensure the delivery of profitable growth across all business in the area, with a clear succession plan into the Regional Manager role. Your growth mind set and view will stand you in good stead here.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Promoting strong collaborative customer relationships with positive interactions and value adding activities
- Ensuring sound financial and business practices are applied to all Area operations
- Enhancing human resource competencies to ensure the ongoing success of the business into the future
- Ensuring that the region operates consistently across its geographic location
- Developing a Zero Harm culture in all that we do
Other challenges come through growing into the Regional Manager role, taking away his operational focus and helping the business transition from maintenance to growth mode.
You will draw on your collaborative approach to working within and across multi-functional teams from different parts of the business to ensure the regional success.
So who are you?
As an experienced leader, you’ll bring with you the following:
- A proven track record in developing a culture that supports SQE management, encouraging and rewarding excellence
- The ability to deal with unexpected events/make decisions and provide direction to work teams
- Strong financial literacy and knowledge – you’ll know your debits, credits and what side of the P&L they should sit on
- Have a continual improvement mind-set and be comfortable at challenging ‘business as usual’
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and systematic approach to working environment; strong planning skills
- Experienced working for both private and public sector clients
- Able to apply risk and assurance strategies to ensure that the business is sustainable and commercially robust
- A relevant tertiary qualification – not necessarily one in Engineering, but an attitude and aptitude to learn the industry is essential
We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers.
This role isn’t for the feint hearted, but the rewards are there for the reaping.
If this role appeals to you and you tick most of the criteria above, then don't delay, we'd love to hear from you today! Apply via www.downercareers.co.nz and search using job number 565416
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Back to search results