Asset Engineering Technician
We are looking for an Asset Engineering Technician to join our Asset Management team in Whanganui. The Asset Engineering Technician provides support to our Asset and Operations Teams to deliver specialised technical asset management services across the Whanganui District working as part of our long term alliance network management and maintenance contract.
What we offer:
- Excellent training and mentoring from qualified industry specialists
- An opportunity to enhance your skills and knowledge and become an expert in the asset engineering field
- Experience working in a collaborative environment within a motivated team
- Assistance toward attaining appropriate tertiary qualifications
More detail about the role:
- Ensuring health and safety of work teams and members of the public,
- Support Asset Manager, Asset Engineer and Inspectors with the provision of data and condition rating of assets,
- Carry out data analysis using GIS and other tools, to support treatment selection and the development of annualised forward works programmes,
- Work with operational staff to ensure maintenance intervention strategies are followed and decisions are made with a "best for network" approach,
- Assist with the development & management of maintenance programmes of works,
- Assisting the Asset Manager/Engineer and Client in information collection, analysis and interpretation,
- Translation of data between various databases (RAMM, JunoWeb, Deighton Operations, GIS)
- Data entry, collection and auditing of RAMM data.
- Setting up and supporting the hardware and software systems used in the collection of asset data
So what are we looking for? To be successful in this exciting role you will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven track record in building effective relationships with all levels of the company and with appropriate client base
- Desirable experience in RAMM, RAMM Contractor and GIS systems
- Good analytical and computer skills, particularly relational database skills, data mining.
- Aptitude to develop positive relationships with clients and internal contract teams
- Ability to work collaboratively and positively with internal and external stakeholders
- A Self-starter able to identify, research and develop initiatives
- A full and clean driver’s licence is essential
Essential to the role are good IT skills, with a high level of technical interest and skill.
If you feel that this is the role you have been waiting for then APPLY NOW by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 565469 into the keyword search.
Back to search results