Payroll Compliance Specialist
Job ID: 565569
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Finance & Administration
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
The Project Payroll Specialist is responsible for the timely preparation of payroll related data, reconciliations, validation of back pay calculations, data analysis, leave accrual calculations and other project duties as specified by the BSC Compliance Manager within the regulatory framework and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
The role also requires the ability to apply problem solving skills, participate in weekly project meetings and extensive analytical skills to resolve project and payroll issues.
This is a 12 months fixed term contract.
You will have:
- Demonstrable delivery of timely and accurate HR/Payroll services in an autonomous role with a high volume of transactions (minimum 600-700 emps)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience using SAP and Spinifex with a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience
- Experience in manual back pay calculations and manual leave accrual calculations
- Experience in understanding EBAs and how to apply this to payroll processing
- Experience in data analytical skills
- Financial reporting background eg, General Ledger reconciliation and journaling
- Experience in working alongside different business stakeholders and communicate via phone and email
- Sound knowledge of HR/Personnel, Payroll and Leave practices, procedures, operations and legislation.
Other skills and abilities include:
- Able to maintain composure within a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Able to effectively work within a project team
- Able to effectively communicate information to a range of stakeholders, including business customers, HR, Finance and Accounting teams, and adapt communication style relevant to audience
- Able to effectively write and report
- Able to analyse data, issues, identify causes and propose solutions
- Able to plan and organise own work, and assist with the planning of others
- Able to deliver results and meet customer within both individual and team KPI’s
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time