The Downer, Transport Services division is proud to be supporting the Whangarei District Council with a range of projects to transform the central city roads by maintaining and extending shared pathways around the network. We require experienced concrete workers to help us deliver to these assignments. This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company that looks after its people.
About the role
You will be a specialist tradesperson who is able to carry out concrete footpath construction and repairs within the maintenance department on a day to day basis. You will help with safe site setup and hazard management for your crew and the general public. You will also:
- Assist with installation of framework and prep work for concrete pour
- Pour and finish concrete placement
- Work as part of a cohesive team to deliver to projects
- Optimise the use of company resources and contributing to the successful completion of contracts
- Ensure efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- You will be a team player with an organized and systematic approach to the working environment.
- Several years within the civil contracting industry
- At least five years within specialised concrete and form work
- Finishing concrete work to pre-cast finishing standard
- Having worked on large steel structures
- Problem solving, managing unexpected events and decision making
What's on offer?
- Guaranteed Full Time hours – minimum 40 per week
- The opportunity to join a high performing team that get stuff done!
- Tools of trade including your uniform, PPE and Vehicle
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
How to apply
If you are an expert Concrete/ Sealing professional who’s looking for your next career move, register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz using reference number 560432. Alternately, drop in to your local Downer depot today!
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Back to search results