Heavy Diesel Fitters - Goonyella
Job ID: 562076
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer MEI is currently seeking experienced Heavy Diesel Fitters to join our coal mining project at Goonyella Riverside, near Moranbah, in the Bowen Basin. We have been recently successful in obtaining another two-year contract, providing security for our employees.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to achieve the daily schedule of works.
- Relevant diesel fitter / heavy vehicle trade qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Proven experience with Caterpillar, Hitachi, O&K and Komatsu
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Even time, lifestyle roster [4/5, 5/4, 5/5], supporting work/life balance
- Camp accommodation
- Bus transport provided from Mackay
- Career progression opportunities through a number of training and mentoring programs
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
For more information, please contact Taylah.Williams@downergroup.com. All applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time