BLAST HOLE DRILLERS
Job ID: 562449
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Perth, Albany
Categories: Trades, Maintenance, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Who We Are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities. As part of the Mining team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining was awarded mining contract for the provision of full mining services at the Karara project. Scope of work includes, haul roads, stockpiles, drilling and blasting, loading and haulage of ore and waste, run of mine feed, train loading and technical services.
We are currently seeking experienced Blast Hole Drillers to join the teams at Eliwana, Gruyere or Karara.
As a Blast Hole Driller you will be able to demonstrate:-
- Previous blast hole drilling experience in Iron Ore / Blue Rock
- Previous experience with large diameter DTH drilling methods
- Demonstrated commitment to Health and Safety
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Current manual C-class license (Essential) - HR and LF Ticket (Desirable)
- Previous operation on Pit Vipers, CAT MD6420/6250, ATLAS D65 and CUBEX drills will be well regarded
In Return We Offer
- Competitive hourly rate
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
All roles are FIFO from Perth. The roster is 2:1 consisting of a week of days and a week of nights. Downer promotes a healthy work/life balance which includes your own private en-suited rooms and quality meal services.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to further your career in a permanent position, with an established organisation. If you feel you have the right attributes, passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer Mining, we would like to hear from you.
Please apply immediately via Seek or our Careers page to be considered.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPLICATIONS
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time