Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer Power and Gas is a leading provider of end to end services, providing design, construction & maintenance solutions for Power & Gas distribution network owners. Experiencing business success with strong project pipelines, we have a need for a number of great people to join our team. Committed to meeting the highest regulatory standards we are aligned with some of NZ’s largest networks, covering up to 30,000kms.
As Electrical Fitter in our Auckland team, you will provide services including construction, maintenance and fault diagnosis/rectification of all network equipment and installations. You will need to have knowledge of the power industry and:
- Relevant trade qualifications
- Electrical Registration and certificates with practicing license
- Current Class 1 Drivers Licence
- Sound knowledge of electrical test equipment, systems and procedures
- Underground and overhead constructions skills in the distribution industry
- Knowledge of the Vector network would be beneficial
- Substation experience preferred
- Cable jointing capabilities preferred
- A strong commitment to safety
- A strong work ethic with excellent time management skills
- Enthusiasm, integrity, honesty, punctuality and reliability
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
A role with us can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 562672 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Back to search results