Heavy Diesel Fitter - Peak Downs
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
We are currently seeking experienced Heavy Diesel Fitters to join our team at Peak Downs.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for carrying out repairs and preventative maintenance on the mobile fleet in the field and workshop. You will also perform inspections to determine condition and suitability to return to service.
- Relevant diesel fitter / heavy vehicle trade qualifications
- Post-trade experience within an open cut mining operation
- Proven experience with heavy mining equipment including CAT, Hitachi and Komatsu
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Roster 7/7 day/night, supporting work/life balance, BIBO from Mackay.
- Competitive salary (New rates as of June 1st)
- Career progression opportunities through a number of training and mentoring programs
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
Please note:- Downer do not accept resumes via email and please ensure you attach copies of your Resume, Licences, Trade Papers/tickets and proof of eligibility to work in Australia i.e. passport/birth certificate to your online application.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
For further questions please contact Taylah Williams E: Taylah.Williams@downergroup.com
Back to search results