Job ID: 564939
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Construction, Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
- Based in Benalla, Victoria
- ASX Listed Organisation
- Full-Time Role (Not FIFO)
The DM Roads business provides a range of services in road network management. We assist road and intelligent transport systems (ITS) asset owners to extract maximum value from their assets and provide road networks that meet the demand of today’s ever-changing environment. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road.
We are seeking a driven Project Manager to join our high performing team based in Benalla. Based in Victoria’s breathtaking High Country this role offers the genuine opportunity to develop into a business leader within our organisation. You will be instrumental in client relationship development, financial management and contractual management coupled with a strong focus on safety.
This role is ideally suited to candidates with industry exposure across, Civil Road Maintenance, Construction, Infrastructure or Bulk Earthworks.
You will possess Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or a related Civil Roads discipline together with;
- Demonstrated senior experience in the delivery of asphalt, spray seal or civil construction projects in a similar role
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
- Substantial exposure to resource planning and business/project management
- Financial literacy and business acumen with demonstrated capability in contract management and the preparation of project budgets
- You will be an active team leader in supporting the preparation of tenders and the negotiations of contracts
- Able to respond quickly to change and adopt a flexible innovative approach to problems and opportunities
- Built a reputation on trust by delivering on promises with excellence while focusing on safety, value for money and efficiency
- A natural relationship builder who collaborates to build and sustain enduring relationships based on trust and integrity
- A thought leader who has the courage to challenge the status quo
- Proficient in applications including Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project or Primavera
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time