Transmission Line Design Engineer
Job ID: 565040
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Sydney, North Ryde
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s Engineering team has been built by bringing together teams of great people to deliver excellent work for our customers. With this in mind, and due to continued growth, a position is now available for a Transmission Line Design Engineer.
Based from our Sydney office (North Ryde) and reporting in the Engineer Manager – Transmission & Distribution you will assist the team in the delivery of multi-disciplinary power transmission projects from 33kV to 500kV.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work alongside industry known and respected technical experts whilst providing high level technical advice and support to all stakeholders, including our proposal teams, our project teams and our clients. Drawing on your technical expertise you will provide transmission line designs for tender and construction and provide expertise for safety in design and constructability reviews, and support our construction teams
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering as recognized by IEAust
- Demonstrated experience (min 5 years) of design experience in the power sector, and have knowledge of relevant Australian Standards such as AS7000, AS4100 and AS1170
- Previous experience of working in a team environment is a must have for this role, along with the ability to manage and support multiple tasks
- Proficiency in the use of engineering design software PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE and PLS-Tower is essential, and working knowledge of AutoCAD will be beneficial
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures applicable to the preparation of designs and specifications
- Experience of detailed design, drawing production and report writing
- Ability to independently carry out analysis and design
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- Opportunity to grow your career and gain useful experience by visiting construction sites when deemed necessary
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
For more information, please contact Liz Skewes on firstname.lastname@example.org, however, applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button