Cost Modeller - Defence
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires a Cost Modeller to work within the Defence environment providing project support. The Cost Modeller will be responsible for the financial and cost modelling aspects of the project, including preliminary cost estimates, detailed acquisition and sustainment cost estimates, cost model development and financial project documentation.
This role is based out of Canberra.
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- 5+ years experience Cost modelling.
- Experience and familiarity with financial activities and planning within the Defence environment.
- Advanced Excel.
- Experience managing Stakeholders in a complex project environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Graduate qualifications in Accounting/Cost Modelling.
- Current experience as a Cost Modeller with strong analytical skills.
- An experienced Finance professional who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Back to search results