Contracting Officer - Defence
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems requires a Level 3 Procurement and Contracts Officer to work within the Material Procurement Branch within Defence (MPB) skilled in Procurement Methodologies, Contracting Options & Tender Development. This role will necessitate management of multiple procurement arrangements some complex and some simple in risk profile.
This role is based out of Canberra.
The Procurement & Contracts Officer will be accountable under broad direction to undertake a range of contract management activities and should have comprehensive knowledge and experience of procurement and contract management. They will be required to work within existing established frameworks of legislation, principles, work practices and procedures
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- Demonstrated expertise with Defence project activities and planning.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Experience managing Stakeholders in a complex project environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated expertise in Contracts & Procurement (preferably within Defence).
- An experienced Finance professional who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To apply please click “ Apply For This Job ” or contact Linda D. @ 0417 385 576 for further details.
Back to search results