WHO WE ARE:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from Systems Engineers looking for opportunities within the Commonwealth Government Defence sector based in Canberra. Candidates must be Australian citizens and applicants residing outside of Australia will not be considered.
This role will work under limited direction to perform and achieve complex systems engineering work within an integrated workforce. The Systems Engineer will work independently with the opportunity for reasonable autonomy and accountability for the achievement of project outcomes. They will exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures. They will provide detailed systems engineering technical and professional advice and contribute to strategic planning, program and project management, and policy development.
This role is required to understand engineering disciplines, implement engineering processes and procedures to ensure technical compliance and integrity. Communicate and engage with stakeholders, plan, develop, integrate, manage and evaluate projects and engineering management systems to deliver the engineering aspects within the Defence material capability life cycle.
- An experienced Systems Engineer professional who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To register your interest hit "Apply now" or contact Jason at email@example.com for more details.
(Please note: Downer does not accept applications via email)
Back to search results