ICT Security Architect
Job ID: 565690
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Information Technology
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence are the 7th largest contractor to the Australian Defence Force and provide a diverse cross section of Professional and Managed Services across both Australia and New Zealand. Our interests, ambition and mission is to provide high quality and bespoke services to the benefit of the national interests aligning our values with that of the ADF to become one of the premier service providers to the Commonwealth.
Downer Defence is experiencing unprecedented growth across all of our Defence portfolios and with the strategic backing of the Downer Group (an ASX listed leading services business) our goal is to continue to build our momentum to provide future opportunities to both our Clients and our people.
Currently we seeking an ICT Security Architect to assist in the successful delivery of Federal Government contracts. The Security Architect will assist with the development of detailed requirements for the future Support and Sustainment system and will identify processes and improvements. The Security Architect will also ensure information security and assurance is maintained in the system design. Strategies will be developed to manage risks and vulnerabilities of the system and associated support models and will be aligned with Defence policies and standards. You will be hands on with the selection, design, justification, implementation and operation of controls and management strategies to maintain the security, confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and relevant compliance of information systems with legislation, regulation and relevant standards.
You will have:
- Provided advice and guidance on security strategies to manage identified risks and ensure adoption and adherence to standards
- Obtained and acted on vulnerability information and conducts security risk assessments, business impact analysis and accreditation on complex information systems
- Investigates major breaches of security, and recommends appropriate control improvements
- Contributes to development of information security policy, standards and guidelines
- Conduct security certification/accreditation and support
- Plan and deliver engineering services, regulatory compliance, resource management and project outcomes
- At least 8 years of Security Architecture experience
- Experience in vendor & stakeholder engagement and review contract documentation and reports
- Experience in Defence environment (preferably)
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Systems Engineering, Cyber Security or an ICT based related field.
*All positions will require Australian citizenship, and min of NV Security Clearance or be eligible for reinstatement*
What will you get working with Downer Defence?
Downer Defence has ambitious growth plans to increase our footprint in the sector creating a unique opportunity to give our people the room to develop their skills with personal and professional development. From up skilling and exposure to a variety of business environments on to career development within a structured and supportive team, you will have the best opportunity to further your own career interests.
If you're interested in the role please apply now or contact Jason at email@example.com
(Please note: Downer does not accept applications via email)
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time