Experienced Tyre Fitters - WA
Job ID: 567763
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Pilbara, Pilbara region, Perth
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Otraco International is the world's leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major open pit miners while maximising production and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, we have continued to set new benchmarks in tyre performance – delivering dramatic savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
We currently have a presence on over 30 mining operations within WA and, due to continued growth and internal movement, we currently require experience HD Tyre fitters that are looking to take their next career step with a global leader in Tyre Management.
Added to our existing operations, our brand new Otraco Training Centre is set to be operational imminently. This will give us the capability to train and develop our existing workforce, and new employees, to the highest, and most up to date, industry standard.
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years of Earthmover tyre fitting experience on mine sites
- A Certificate II in Automotive Mechanical Tyre Fitting Heavy; AUR21913 or AUR21916; preferred
- A valid and current Heavy Vehicle Drivers Licence (minimum of an HR licence)
- A current WorkSafe forklift (HR) licence
- Possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- An understanding that safety is paramount, with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety procedures
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive remuneration package
- Ongoing training and development
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive business
Experienced, qualified HD Tyre fitters are preferred, however:
- If you have a current AUR21913 or AUR21916 and are looking to move into OTR Tyres we would like to hear from you.
- If you have OTR experience with a lapsed/old Tyre Fitting qualification and are looking to upgrade your Cert II, we would also like to hear from you
We are looking for candidates who will exhibit an unwavering commitment to Zero Harm, to utilise their Heavy Duty Tyre Fitting expertise in an environment that fosters progression and development.
This is a genuine development opportunity to further extend and build upon your experience, a chance to define your career path with our world-class organisation.
Interested? Apply now!
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button