Underground Operator/ Trainer
Job ID: 568204
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Perth, Redcliffe
Categories: Maintenance, Manufacturing, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. With established relationships and world leading insight, we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain Assets, Infrastructure and Facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Blasting Services (DBS) provides a full range of explosives products and services to the Australian open-cut and underground mining industry. As a significant supplier, DBS can provide Total Blasting Solutions to customers. Our five manufacturing plants supply customers across multiple commodities throughout the Australian open-cut and underground mining industry. DBS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Downer.
We are currently seeking an experienced Underground Operator/ Trainer to assist in operational requirements as well as carrying out training/ stock management and support to site operational requirements. You would also be required to assist in the management of site operating expenditure to improve current year’s budget on a cost per tonne basis. In addition, you will be focusing on building long term relationships with our people and our clients, by endeavouring to always go the extra mile and living the Downer Blasting Services (DBS) values.
- Maintain competencies of an experienced Operator or Shotfirer to a Level 3
- Ability to operate Allweiler, Napco, and Wilden Pumps
- Operate IT Equipment
- Train operators in the safe and efficient operation of DBS equipment and manage individual compliance to the training systems to ensure 100% compliance is achieved on an ongoing basis
- Operated Elevated Work Platform (EWP)
- Operate UG Emulsion Delivery Systems
- Monitor and manage Explosives Management Delivery Systems
- Manage site administrative and stock control
- Proactively participate in continual improvement of maintenance processes and equipment development.
- Able to self-manage the completion of tasks safely and complete necessary documentation.
- Willingness to obtain Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- Licenced Shotfirer Underground (Desirable)
- SSAN or Dangerous Goods Security Card.
- Underground emulsion experience
- Good communication skills and a “Can Do” attitude.
- Problem solving skills, and a willingness to take and accept responsibility for all operational issues.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Senior First Aid Certificates - Apply First Aid and CPR.
- Working at Heights Ticket.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive 8/6 roster.
- Our Zero Harm attitude to Safety and the Environment.
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative.
For further information, please contact Melanie Greenfield on (08) 6212 9523 or apply directly to this application.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPLICATIONS
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time