Preparation Crew - Carrapateena
Job ID: 568719
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining is currently seeking experienced underground prep crew professionals to join us on a full-time, permanent basis, for our contract at the Carrapateena mine site, near Port Augusta, SA. This is a world class operation with an extensive mine life and we are looking for mining professionals to work with Downer and Oz Minerals to deliver project success.
Rosters are even time (14/14), a charter flight is provided to Carrapateena from Adelaide or Port Augusta weekly.
As part of the prep crew, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Extension of air and water services to required working areas
- Prepping of production upholes and downholes
- Working around brows and rills
- Exposure to store, handle and transport of explosives
- Vent bag extensions, maintenance and repair
- Assisting other underground crews where required
- Proven underground hard rock experience is essential
- Experience working underground in a service crew or similar is highly desirable
- Current manual drivers licence, police check and first aid certificate will be required
- Be production orientated with a focus on achieving results without compromising safe work or quality standards
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employee
- Attractive & competitive remuneration
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business within the Downer group
If you would like to apply for these opportunities, please click the Apply link now and complete the online application.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: Cen. Australia Standard Time