Junior Accountant - Oil and Gas
Job ID: 568991
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Finance & Administration, Graduates
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Finance Team within the Oil and Gas sector of the Asset Services business at Downer as a Junior Accountant. The successful candidate will work closely with the financial controller and has the opportunity to contribute and learn across all aspects within the commercial function. This is a unique chance to build experience in a global ASX listed company within a highly professional team based in Milton, Brisbane.
Salary range - $73,000 - $81,000 depending on experience.
This role will provide a key function in our strategy in supporting our Financial controller with respect to day to day finance operations which will incorporate;
- Management and maintenance of the accounts payable and receivable functions
- Reconciliation process for all balance sheet P&L accounts
- Contribution to the ongoing alignment of processes across the finance functions
- Ensuring compliance with finance governance and control principles
- Demonstrated financial ability supported by formal studies or qualifications in this area
- High attention to detail and effective time management skills
- Ability to self-start and work independently, where required
- A practical, willing can-do attitude and ability to build relationships within the organisation
- Strong Attention to detail, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Proven skills in Microsoft office (particularly Excel)
- Experience working within Downer or a similar large organisation would be advantageous
We recognise people are fundamental to the culture and success of our business and we are dedicated to nurture our people personally and professionally and in return we offer;
- Exciting development opportunities within an organisation experiencing significant growth
- A diverse and supportive team work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Competitive remuneration with a leading ASX listed company
To apply, simply click on “Apply Now” button. Applications close 22 April 2020.
For more information about this position please contact Paul Kazoullis - Paul.Kazoullis@downergroup.com
Please note, applications will not be accepted via email.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time