Emergency and Security Officer - Meandu
Job ID: 569761
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Facilities Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
WHO WE ARE
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining has a contract with Stanwell Corporation to provide total mining services at Meandu Mine. The mine supplies coal to the adjacent Tarong Power Station and is a residential mine located 25 kilometres south-east of Kingaroy, with the majority of its workforce being employed from the local community.
We are currently seeking application for an Emergency Services Security Officer at our Meandu Mine on a lifestyle even time roster (5/4, 4/5, 5,5). This role is a residential position; therefore, no camp accommodation is provided.
To be considered, you will be a proactive individual who has experience and knowledge of fire and emergency service processes, including incident command/control, emergency operations and responding to medical treatment cases.
- Provision of effective and efficient emergency services, including prevention, preparedness and response;
- Provision of First Aid / Medical treatment;
- Conducting regular inspection of emergency equipment;
- Assist in the provision of security to the mine site;
- Assisting in the development of emergency procedures;
- Providing technical / practical support and services where required;
- Drug and Alcohol Testing;
- Assisting in any incident and accident investigation as required.
- Practical experience in emergency prevention, preparedness and response activities, preferably in the mining industry
- First Aid and CPR Accreditation
- Certificate II in Security Operations
- Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Accreditation
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment and/or Paramedic qualifications highly regarded
- Hold current ASIO clearance certificate
WHAT WE OFFER
- A great working environment
- A residential position, on a lifestyle roster
- A diverse and supportive team
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
For more information, please contact Taylah.Williams@downergroup.com. Applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time