Otraco Tyre Fitters Qld
Job ID: 569921
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Blackwater, Gladstone, Mackay
Categories: Trades, Maintenance, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
We currently have several vacancies for onsite Tyre Fitters across multiple mine sites in the Bowen Basin region, on lifestyle and even time rosters with a revised remuneration package on offer. We strongly encourage past applicants to apply to hear about the changes at Otraco.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an on-site Tyre Fitter, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Utilising your heavy-duty tyre fitting experience by performing maintenance on a range of tyres across the mining fleet
- Performing routine inspections and assessing wheel components to remain in service
- Entering data into our revolutionary tyre management system
- Maintaining pressures and quality in accordance to site specifications
- Upholding our commitment to providing an excellent level of service to our clients
At Otraco we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We are looking for people with the following skills/experience:
- An understanding that safety is paramount and a commitment to abiding by site safety procedures and safe work practices
- A high level of initiative and situational awareness
- A certificate II in Automotive Mechanical Heavy Tyre Fitting (AUR21916) would be advantageous though the following competency may be accepted as a minimum – Remove, inspect and fit earthmoving and OTR tyres (AURKTJ011, AURKTJ012, RIISAM210D or RIISAM211D)
- A minimum of two years of earth-mover tyre fitting experience
- You must hold a valid and current unrestricted driving license
- You must hold a Forklift License
WHAT WE OFFER
- A chance to be part of the Downer / Otraco Team
- Genuine opportunities for career growth and development
- A safe working environment and an employer committed to Zero Harm policies
- A professional, positive team atmosphere that encourages innovation and improvement
- A variety of other employee benefits
If this sounds what you have been looking for, please apply today. For further information regarding this role, please contact Jess.Boxtel@downergroup.com.
Please note you must adhere to the current COVID19 restrictions and reside in QLD to apply for this role.
All applications must be completed online and applications emailed directly will not be accepted.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time