Cadets - Engineering, Commercial & Finance - Expressions of Interest
Job ID: 569958
Job type: Casual
Location: Sydney, Darwin, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Hobart, Shepparton, Perth
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Finance & Administration, Civil Engineering, Cadetships
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
- Great Opportunity for 1st & 2nd Year Engineering, Commercial, and Finance Students to kick start their careers
- Develop your career with an industry leader
Downer's Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
The Cadetship Program is focused on building future leaders and offers university students the opportunity to challenge themselves on a variety of projects.
As a participant of the Cadetship Program, you will become part of a diverse team. You will be required to work full time over university breaks, and given the option to work casually throughout semester for the length of your degree. We aim to develop well rounded and highly skilled professionals. We achieve this by rotating you into various areas of our Road Services business. These areas could include; Asphalt Contracting, Production, Civil, Road Network Management & our Reconomy (Recycling) business.
To be considered for the Cadetship Program, applicants must:
- Have completed your first year in a Tertiary Engineering, Commercial, Finance or Business/Commerce discipline
- Be available to work full time between November 2020 through to February 2021, whilst studying you will have the option to work 1 day a week or as the business requires
- Enthusiastic to learn you will be flexible in the tasks required of you including exposure to site-based labour – allowing you to gain hands-on knowledge of everything Downer has to offer
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
What’s on offer for you:
- Financial support to assist with education costs;
- On the job vacation work where you will gain practical experience working out of one of our depot environments together with exposure to a range of civil projects;
- The opportunity to apply for our Downer Graduate Program & Graduate Engineer positions within our Roads business once you complete your Cadetship
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
Our recruitment process:
Our recruitment process is diligent and structured to ensure inclusiveness and enable you to put your best foot forward. As you progress through the process you may be required to undertake an interview (video and face to face), a pre-employment medical and professional references.
If you’re successful in progressing to the next stage our recruitment team will be in contact with you once applications have closed.
If you require further information, please contact, Samantha Temple – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner.
Please note applications will not be accepted through this email address.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time