Works Coordinators - Unified Network
Job ID: 570210
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has recently been awarded NBN Co’s Unified Field Operations – Networks (UNIFY) contract to manage and optimise the National Broadband Network. The objective of the contract is to “Deliver great customer experience through exceptional network management” which will be achieved by restoring the network as soon as possible after an incident has occurred whilst continually improving and ensuring the integrity of the network by undertaking proactive and reactive maintenance activities.
We now have opportunities for Works Coordinators to join the Technical Operations Centre in Hexham, NSW. In this fast paced role, you will allocate works to the Internal and External workforce and monitor the progress of works through to practical completion ensuring services are delivered as soon as possible whilst keeping the client informed of progress.
- Availability to work a rotating 5 day week, Monday to Sunday; staggered start times from 7am – 1pm.
- Availability to work a roster that can accommodate 24x7x365 days per year dependent on business requirements
- Workforce Planning/Scheduling experience on a major project or within a large organisation
- Solid knowledge and experience with a workforce management system
- Ticket of Work environment experience essential
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry is highly preferable
- Background in Customer Relations Management
- Strong interpersonal skills to be applied to all operational levels for internal and external relationships
- Strong organisational skills, including written and oral communication
- Proven ability to coordinate works with multiple work disciplines and facets
- Proven track record of managing Sub-Contractors to meet defined targets
- Knowledge of multiple facets of Telecommunications technology and practices (Copper, Fibre, HFC, Equipment Install)
- Knowledge of Schedule of Rates and their application
- Ability to incorporate innovation into work processes and outputs
- Focus on Zero Harm and Risk management
WHAT WE OFFER
- A highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- The opportunity to work across a diverse portfolio of projects
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
For more information please contact Paula Collins - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner on Paula.Collins@downergroup.com quoting position title and reference number 570210.
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time