Surfacing Contract Manager - Mid Central
As our Surfacing Contract Manager – Mid Central (Palmerston North, Tararua and Manawatu region) you will be based in Dannevirke and have the opportunity to affect real change!
You will be capable of providing strong management of specific operations, delivering on contract requirements, optimizing resource use and achieving target results. You will also develop and implement plans and procedures to ensure the profitable and viable growth of all Contracts as well as achieving business plans promises, return on assets and cash requirements.
- Make the role your own
- Competitive remuneration package including company vehicle
- Opportunity to mentor and develop a team of experts
About the role:
As our Surfacing Contract Manager you will manage our plans and direct operations to achieve requirements across the Mid Central region. Day to day you will:
- Provide commercial reviews to optimise performance
- Analyse contract performance
- Induct and train new team members and be the go to for people management
- Build up our client relationships
- Demonstrate sound technical capability in the specific area of surfacing and chip seal related products, specifications and industry requirements
You’ll need to have preferably 5 years managing surfacing contracts (both long and short term) and you’ll have:
- A tertiary qualification, ideally in Business Management or Civil Engineering
- Extensive experience in road surfacing operations and managing crews
- Proven experience at delivering results in a commercially competitive environment where a focus on service and operational excellence is paramount
- Proven experience of HSE/QA in a commercial environment
- Understanding of financial and accounting processes, to include preparation of progress and claim reports and producing and interpreting monthly financial reports to P&L level.
Ultimately you will be a natural leader with a focus on customer relations to ensure the success of the contract. If you are an experienced Contract Engineer looking for that next step or an experienced Contract Manager wanting some stability, then this could be the right role for you!
How to apply:
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 570306.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Back to search results