Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We are looking for a Concrete Foreperson to lead our crew. Our team is based in Whangarei, working on a road maintenance contract. You will be part of a motivated concrete crew with duties including excavation, installing formwork, placing and finishing concrete. Other general tasks include operating plant and machinery as required.
This is a great role for some who is an experienced Driver Operator or Leading hand and is looking to take that next step.
What's on offer?
- Guaranteed Full Time hours – minimum 40 per week
- Tools of trade including your uniform and safety gear
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture
About the role
You will be a specialist tradesperson who leads your crew to carry out concrete footpath construction and repairs within the maintenance department on a day to day basis.
You will also be responsible for:
- Planning tasks with the operations supervisor to ensure they are completed efficiently and to the required specification and standard
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Collating and forwarding to the Operations Supervisor all daily records and other required reports and documentation
- Providing and organize on-the-job development/training for their reports to assist where appropriate with career development
- Monitoring your work sites to ensure compliance with local By-Laws, Government Statutes and Regulations, and with WORKS policy in relation to SQE assurance.
As you will be working on some pretty heavy machinery so you’ll ideally bring with you a Class 2 Licence with WTR. You’ll also be a team player and have either experience or a keen interest in construction and concreting.
You will also have:
- A great work ethic – you’ll be part of a busy crew and team and some long hours are required (but you’ll be rewarded accordingly)
- Strong focus on Safety and Quality
- Problem solving skills to solve daily challenges
- Flexibility – some out of town travel will be required on occasion
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 571378.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Back to search results