Job ID: 571464
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our high performing team based in Maddington. This role will be responsible for the operational management of various Spray Seal projects ensuring Zero Harm, cost and quality delivery meet contract specifications.
Ideally, you will possess Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering or related disciplines together with experience across spray seal, asphalt or surfacing operations
- Exposure to the preparation of project budgets and review of financial information to make sound business decisions
- Experience in planning and scheduling of works
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute projects
- You will be an active team member in the preparation of tenders and negotiations of contracts
- Possesses strong negotiation & problem-solving skills
- Built a reputation on trust by delivering on promises with excellence while focusing on safety, value for money and efficiency
- A natural relationship builder who collaborates to build and sustain enduring relationships based on trust and integrity
- A thought leader who has the courage to challenge the status quo
- Proficient computer skills with high competence in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Samantha.Temple@downergroup.com
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time