Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
The Navy Construction Branch is currently seeking an experienced Contract Manager to provide a range of commercial services, including procurement, contracting, commercial expertise and support, commercial policy and practice, commercial professionalisation and commercial governance and assurance. This role is based in Osborne, SA.
Key skills and requirements:
- Accountable for managing allocated resources, setting work area priorities, managing workflows, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes.
- Accountable for managing and leading a team, including providing clear and consistent communication, setting clear performance and behavioural standards, managing performance, delegating responsibility and guiding and developing people.
- Accountable for accurate completion of work within agreed timeframes and quality requirements, share own expertise with others and guide and mentor less experienced employees.
- Accountable for providing advice and support to procurement planning, tendering and contract formation and contract management activities while ensuring compliance with legislation, procurement policies, processes and procedures.
- Provide clear direction during the procurement lifecycle on contracting activities including coordination of legal and financial services.
- Review complex to very complex contracting correspondence including providing high level advice in relation to commercially sensitive reports, submissions, contract change proposals and other documents as required.
- Demonstrate and apply the application of legal and commercial risk principles and performance management frameworks related to procurement and contracting activities within Defence.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop and lead strategies to address complex to very complex contracting issues including dispute resolution.
- Build, sustain and encourage productive working relationships with stakeholders to influence decisions and ensure alignment with broader Defence objectives.
- Analyse, identify and develop mitigation strategies for the risks associated with procurement and contracting activities, contract performance, and compliance with legislative and policy frameworks.
- Design and implement innovative solutions, consulting as appropriate on complex to very complex and strategic procurement contracting issues.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated expertise in Contracts & Procurement (preferably within Defence).
- An experienced Contracts Manager who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Experienced in the use of ASDEFCON templates.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
- Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.