ICT Systems Engineer
Who We Are:
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to engage a ICT Systems Engineer to support the delivery of complex systems within Defence. The Systems Engineer is required to build, configure and maintain variants for deployed systems. A background in networking and/or security will be highly regarded.
You will be responsible for the planning, implementation and control of activities to integrate/build components, subsystems and interfaces to create operational systems, products or services for delivery to customers, or for internal or interim purposes such as testing. The development of organisational capabilities for systems integration and build including automation and continuous integration.
- Creation and maintenance of virtualised and cloud environments across the development lifecycle involving:
- Windows Server 2012, 2016 (and moving into 2019)
- Windows Desktop SOE - Win10
- Installations and configuration inside Windows domain:
- SQL Server 2008-2016 (possibly later in future builds)
- Exchange 2007-2016 (possibly later in future builds)
- Office productivity suite
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
- Active Directory / Group Policy / DNS / NTP etc.
- Bespoke products developed for secure environments
- Maintaining documentation for build phase, change management and future deployment including As-builts, SOPs, KA, INNSPEC, build guides, etc.
- Experience with Change Management.
- Experience with Cisco based networks
- Experience with, and knowledge of, Cisco hardware and IOS, capabilities and limitations for hardware selection.
- Experience with Network security definition and implementation.
- Experience with Hyper-V, Server 2012/16, Windows 10 and other Microsoft products.
- Experience with McAfee ePO including Solidcore and DLP
- Experience with Azure stack, Microsoft System Centre suite and MDT
- Experience with Linux based systems, Red Hat 5
- Knowledge of Bluecoat WAN Optimisation and proxy systems or other vendors such as Riverbed.
- Understanding of Server and Desktop SOE lifecycle and management
- Knowledge of Defence change management procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of Defence applications including formal messaging
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment
- A growing business where opportunities are favourable
- A great team where you are empowered to lead
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Leave Purchases
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums)
Candidates must be Australian citizens, ideally with a minimum NV1 security clearance, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Apply today or contact Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
(Please note: Downer Group does not accept applications via email).
Back to search results