Operations Manager - Northern Region
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We have entered into a long term Asset Management and Facilities Management Contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice. We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to lead our Northern Corrections Region, which comprises seven prison sites.
About your role:
We operate two Regions and facilities manage 16 prison sites. We are looking for an Operations Manager for our Northern Region, which comprises seven prison sites from Northland to Hawkes Bay. This role can be based in either Auckland or Hamilton.
Reporting to the National Operations Manager, our Operations Manager is a critical role within our business. You will lead a team of 50+ people and have seven direct reports. You will drive performance excellence across your business and lead the team in a contemporary manner.
You will be an experienced facilities operator with a strong customer service focus. You will lead from the front and set the example for your teams to follow. You will see yourself:
- Driving a strong commitment to Health & Safety;
- Using a contemporary leadership style to support your managers and their teams;
- Using your strong financial skills; including cost containment and productivity management;
- Understanding and managing a KPI driven environment; and
- Working autonomously and as part of the broader Downer Team.
A bit about you:
You will be a strong people leader with well-developed relationship management ability, good commercial acumen and current facilities management experience. You will bring:
- Management qualification and/or demonstrated management skills and experience (minimum 10 years);
- Minimum 10 years’ current experience within the facilities management industry;
- Demonstrated experience in managing a 24/7 critical function facility (prison, hospital, emergency complex);
- Strong analytical and numeric skills and demonstrated commercial acumen;
- Experience in driving operational activities to ensure work quality is achieved, work is completed to schedule and rework is minimised;
- Good relationship management skills and ability;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ownership, commitment and an ability to meet deadlines;
- Current working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015;
- Intermediate level of computer literacy including MS Outlook, Word and, Excel.
This is not a job for the faint hearted. Prison environments are demanding and workflows can be unpredictable. You will need to be well organised, be able to multi-task and to work at pace. You will take ownership of the Region and be prepared to manage high priority or complex jobs on weekends and after hours.
A role with us can enables you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 571733 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results