Senior Communications and Engagement Advisor - DM Roads
Job ID: 571872
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Marketing & Business Development
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
- Based in Adelaide
- ASX Listed Organisation
- Long term government contracts
The DM Roads business provides a range of services in road network management and strives to deliver better community experiences through smarter solutions. We assist road and intelligent transport systems (ITS) asset owners to extract maximum value from their assets and provide road networks that meet the demand of today’s ever-changing environment. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of roads across Australia.
Due to exciting new growth, we are now seeking to add to the capability of our high performing team. This is a great time to join an industry leader that has built a trusted reputation on the quality of service and further develop your career on long term government contracts.
We have an opportunity for a talented Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Advisor. You will enjoy working in this fast-paced challenging environment ensuring the continued excellence of service delivery across our South Australian business. This hands-on role manages strategic community and stakeholder engagement activities to further develop a proactive, targeted approach to engaging stakeholders.
This role requires demonstrable exposure ideally gained within the construction industry and government together with qualifications in Marketing, Communications or a related discipline.
You will also possess;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with people at all levels including sensitive stakeholders
- A track record of ensuring the successful roll-out of programs of engagement activities including roadshows and mailouts for road projects and maintenance works.
- A successful track record within a similar size multi-contract business where you have built positive professional relationships with project team members and client representatives
- Well-developed consultative communication skills with the ability to present to large stakeholder groups
- Proactive approach, excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage conflicting deadlines across multiple projects
- Experience in monitoring, measuring and reporting on the impact of work and community engagement initiatives whilst identifying improvement opportunities
- Strong safety focus - actively participate in and support Downer Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
In return we offer
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm for our people and the community
- Opportunity to contribute to the safety of road users through maintaining a safe road network.
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward-thinking company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 0409 072 562.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: Cen. Australia Standard Time