Legal Counsel - Industrial Relations
Job ID: 572170
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
This role will be pivotal in providing legal advice in relation to a variety of employment and IR matters and to ensure that the business complies with Fair Work Act requirements and other employment related legal obligations. You will support the Senior Legal Counsel Industrial Relations in managing all employment law and IR related litigation. Additionally, you will work collaboratively with the broader HR team to deliver advice on enterprise bargaining, employee entitlements and complex case management.
With a philosophy centred on building trusted relationships, you will have an innate ability to influence and lead your stakeholders in solving complex strategic and operational IR issues. Furthermore, you will demonstrate a strong aptitude to adapt in a dynamic environment and commerciality to navigate across complexities.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Admission to legal practice in Australia and eligibility for an unrestricted Victorian practising certificate.
- Experience in a specialist employment and IR law practice (either in private practice, in house or an industry group).
- Proven ability to understand and interpret industrial instruments, legislative obligations, contracts of employment, company policies and associated documents.
- Experience in managing employment litigation in a range of jurisdictions.
- Sound knowledge of the enterprise bargaining provisions of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
- Ability to build stakeholder relationships quickly and confidently in a fast-paced complex environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve project deadlines and milestones.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and competing priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate level of competency in the MS suite i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook
This is a great opportunity for a results driven individual who is keen to become a critical part of an exceptional team. So the next step is up to you, be part of an organisation that is committed to driving innovation, to create growth for our business and you.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note – resume applications will not be accepted via email.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time