Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer Power and Gas is a leading provider of end-to-end services, providing design, construction & maintenance solutions for Power & Gas distribution network owners. Experiencing business success with strong project pipelines, we have a need for a number of great people to join our team. Committed to meeting the highest regulatory standards we are aligned with some of NZ’s largest networks, covering up to 30,000kms.
Based in Manukau, you will be working in a close-knit team in this busy role providing high quality administration and support, ensuring all work is processed and recorded in a timely manner.
Reporting to the Northern North Island Operations Manager, you will be:
- Processing paperwork as repairs are completed
- Preparing quotes, checking and preparing invoices.
- Undertaking database processes to ensure timely capture of information
- Using JD Edwards and other software
- Communicating with the operation and dispatch team
We need someone to hit the ground running, so ideally you have experience in the power and gas industry and:
- Excellent Data Entry skills and attention to detail
- Be a detailed person, self- managing and highly organised
- Thrive in a busy and changeable environment
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal as you will be liaising with clients and the wider Downer teams
- Friendly personality with a solutions focused attitude
- Strong Microsoft Excel (intermediate level an advantage) and experience using the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience with JD Edwards would be an advantage
- Knowledge of general accounting would be an advantage
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 572339 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Back to search results