Junior Fleet Engineer
Job ID: 572653
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Fleet Engineer to join our team in Auburn – NSW. This is a full time fixed term opportunity.
This is a specialist role designed to deliver the provision of technical and functional subject matter expertise for the operation, support & development of the fleet and reliability performance.
It is an opportunity for you to work with a high performing team across our Waratah, Millennium and SGT fleets. We pride ourselves as a workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
Working a 24/7 roster; the incumbent will be responsible for monitoring and collating fault data for train systems with a focus on day to day & medium term support, reliability and performance of the fleet.
- Meet the requirements of a Rail Safety Worker
- Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering Qualifications (must be registered with Engineers Australia or be eligible for membership with Engineers Australia)
- Experience in the maintenance of complex electrical and mechanical systems, the use of PC based fault diagnostic tools, and implementation of reliability programs in a rolling stock, asset management or heavy maintenance industry
- Experience dealing with customers on fleet performance & reliability matters
- Able to effectively and productively manage time coupled with good communication skills and demonstrated IT aptitude
- Knowledge of applicable RAMS standards and established RAMS targets for new/existing rolling stock
- Knowledge of quality assurance procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of rolling stock electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of relevant Australian and international rolling stock standards
- Knowledge of engineering processes, including failure-reporting and investigations
How to Apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. For more information about this position please contact Astrid Viegas – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner via Email - email@example.com
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity. Females and Aboriginal /Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time