Job ID: 573080
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s communications business provides an end-to-end wireless communications capability to design, build and maintain critical infrastructure for our customers across the Carrier, Transport, Resources, Government, Defence and Utilities sectors. Our capability comprises RAN design, site acquisition, site design, construction, integration, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services. Technologies we design, and construct include UMTS, LTE, 5G, P25, Tetra, UHF and VHF across multiple vendors equipment.
Downer has been engaged to provide design and construction services for greenfields, site upgrades, co-locations, small cells, site relocation's and transmission upgrades for major carrier networks, public safety and smaller scale private networks. The expectation is for strong wireless project growth and entry into new markets.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are now seeking to engage an experienced Town Planner for our Wireless project working out of our Gladesville, NSW office. Reporting to the Wireless SAED Manager, you will be responsible for delivering town planning and acquisition activities for multiple site programs to fulfill contractual site acquisition requirements. This will also involve undertaking environmental impact assessments, preparing community consultations as well as researching relevant zoning and heritage databases.
Please note that due to the nature of this role, only qualified Town Planners with relevant telecommunications industry experience will be considered for this opportunity.
- Tertiary Qualification in Town Planning essential
- Minimum 2 years town planning experience in a telecommunications environment will be essential
- Experience in the planning phase of mobile network deployment and upgrade projects within Australia coupled with a solid understanding of the relevant Australian planning legislations
- High level of verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate with a wide variety of people including managing relationships with external clients and agencies
- Ability to resolve conflict and manage community concern and appropriately respond to community submissions
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
For more information please contact Puck Jonker - Talent & Sourcing on Puck.Jonker@downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time