Program Manager - Substations
Job ID: 573390
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has been successful in securing several Transmission Lines and Substation infrastructure projects and due to an increase in work, we are now seeking a Substation Program Manager NSW to join our Infrastructure Services Substations division. Reporting to the Substations Operations Manager, this is a full-time permanent role based in our North Ryde office in Sydney.
This role requires demonstrable exposure at a senior management level; ideally, you will have qualifications in Engineering, Business Management or a related discipline.
This role is to lead the local interface with clients with the aim of ensuring safe and successful completion of substation design, construction and maintenance projects in line with client and contract obligations in NSW and ACT regions. The role requires an individual who will be able to maintain and further promote Downer’s position in this field, delivering client and shareholder satisfaction, through value for money services and business improvement.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a Trades background with significant demonstrable operational experience
- Successful track record evidencing your experience in a power infrastructure and substation project operations management role
- Previous exposure working for or with different power utilities and infrastructure clients
- Solid project planning, financial planning and operational budgeting skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of different state industrial and legislative requirements and specifications in support of operational delivery
- Sound decision making and analytical capabilities – demonstrating awareness of risk management methods, processes and practices to foster quality decision making
- A successful track record of Zero Harm leadership as well as the ability to support operations to continually improve safety performance
- Solid stakeholder management with the ability to proactively nurture and build positive relationships and identify new business opportunities
- An effective communicator at all levels – written and verbal with the ability to negotiate with and influence others to achieve positive outcomes
What we offer
The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
Great employee benefits
The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
How to apply
To apply for these great opportunities, please click on “Apply Now” button. Please include a cover letter and resume. For more information about this position please contact: Liz Skewes– Recruitment Business Partner via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time