Future Submarine Program - Systems Engineers
Who We Are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence are currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) for two Systems Engineering positions to work with weapons systems requirements and architecture to support work in the Future Submarine Program (FSP). The FSP has been created with the intent of providing Australia with a regionally superior submarine capability, which will be built, operated and sustained by Australia. The positions will be Adelaide based and the expected date for the commencement of work is November 1st, 2020.
Responsibilities Of The Roles Include:
- Develop the necessary models for mapping of requirements to Consolidated Operational Needs (CONs);
- In conjunction with Navy and FSP Subject Matter Experts (SME), develop Activity Diagrams to define W&DS CON scenarios;
- In conjunction with requirements development personnel, jointly develop an agreed Functional Breakdown Structure (FBS);
- Establish interfaces flows between W&DS, Support, Mission System and External Entities;
- Capture CONS, FBS and pertinent data in DOORS;
- Capture System Breakdown and characteristics in Functional Model; and
- Manage and version control Functional Models, Activity Diagrams and Interfaces.
- Develop any necessary integration plans;
- Participate in and conduct Verification & Validation activities; and
- Support any required W&DS certification or Test and Evaluation activities.
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To register your interest hit "Apply now" or contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
(Please note: Downer does not accept applications via email)
Back to search results